Friday, March 03, 2006

"Engaged in a Relationship with my Goat"

One of the funniest news articles I've ever come across...

From news.com.au.



Man Forced to Marry Goat

A MAN caught "in flagrante delicto" with a goat has been forced to marry the animal.

According to the local newspaper, The Juba Post, the goat's owner, a Mr Alifi, caught his neighbour, Mr Tombe, assaulting his goat and reported the man to the local council of elders for adjudication.

"It was around midnight when Tombe came to do his nonsense on my goat, and I was already in bed inside my house," Mr Alifi said.

"Suddenly I heard the goat make a loud noise. Immediately I rushed outside to find Mr Tombe was naked and engaged in a relationship with my goat. " When I asked him what are you doing there, he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up. They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife."

Mr Tombe agreed to pay a dowry of 150,000 Sudanese dinars ($125) for his new spouse.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi told the Post.

------------------------

What, in the name of all that is good and holy, was this guy thinking? I mean, if you're going to root your neighbour's goat, surely you'd take some kind of precautions against him finding out? Like taping the goat's mouth shut for one.

So there we have it - the phrase of the day and blog title 'In Flagrante Delicto'.



4 happy goats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home